Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fashion


Fashion. Á la mode. Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, Marni, and the list could go on and on. It’s more than clothes. More than sleeves and hemlines. Fashion is who you are and how you display yourself to the world. Miuccia Prada even said, “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world.” We can’t express our emotions and our inner person to everyone we encounter, so fashion does it for us. We don’t need all brand name clothing from top-of-the-line expensive designers, but through what we wear, people see who we are. 

While we have this privilege to display ourselves through fashion, it impacts us as well. It’s simple: when we look good, we feel good. Beauty starts from the inside-out but can work from the outside-in too. This holistic view embodies a connection between healthy eating, exercising, spirituality, friendships, external beauty, and of course style. The capability of style on our mental and emotional attitudes is astonishing. I have watched What Not To Wear on TLC and How Do I Look on Style for years and I absolutely love the life transformations that occur all because of fashion. This powerful force can literally change people’s lives. It causes amazing confidence and rise in self-esteem that leads to success in other areas of life.

The best thing about fashion is that you get to be yourself. Inspiration can come from anything! Magazines, friends, celebs, runways, and even nature. For me, I get inspired by clothing from TV shows too. I love to let the creativity flow, try new trends, and make new things out of old. Everyday, I wake up and dress how I feel. If I’m in an edgy mood, I’ll pair some combat boots, colored jeans, leather jacket, and statement necklace. If I feel flirty, I’ll try a cute dress in a new way with wedges and bangles. No one style has to define someone. You could create anything you want. Whatever you wear, wear with confidence. I had the goal for six months not to repeat an outfit once. This challenge was such a fun experience because it made me come up with new ideas to combine different outfits with the same wardrobe. 

But I didn’t want to create this blog to just describe my daily outfits, I want to inspire and enrich your sense of creativity to display yourself through fashion in order to improve your holistic lifestyle. I’ll provide shopping tips, trend alerts, outfit ideas, bargain finds, DIY ideas, Get The Look, celebrity looks, street fashion, and other inspirations to improve your wardrobe and life. Fashion possibilities are endless; the sky’s the limit. Don’t get overwhelmed. Have fun with fashion and experiment with different combinations of clothing. Never be afraid to try something new. And never be afraid of being yourself.

“Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.”

xoxo ~ KA

1 comment:

  1. Well written and I look forward to your future posts

    ReplyDelete